Upscale your drive with the new Ford Endura ST-Line
Upscale your drive with the new Ford Endura ST-Line
- Ford introduces premium, 5-seat SUV to New Zealand with twin-turbo performance diesel and Euro VI emissions standards
- Limited number of the new Ford Endura ST-Line to arrive in May 2018
- RRP: $73,990
AUCKLAND, New Zealand 14 November 2017 – Ford New Zealand today announced the new Ford Endura ST-Line, a smart, premium SUV, will go on sale across the country for the first time in May 2018.
Ford New Zealand will be launching the Ford Endura, known as the Ford Edge in other markets, in the premium sports-oriented ST-Line variant only. The Ford Endura ST-Line features an enhanced design with distinctive alloys, body-styling kit, unique badging, upgraded sports suspension and a twin-turbo performance diesel 2.0-litre engine with Euro VI compliant emissions standard.
“The Endura ST-Line will be a real stand out offering in what is a fiercely competitive market,” said Simon Rutherford, Managing Director Ford New Zealand. “While SUVs continue to grow in popularity, the capability, design and technology that comes with the ST-Line gives the Endura an edge over its competitors and is a fantastic way for Ford to introduce the new nameplate to New Zealand.”
Built in Canada, the Ford Endura ST-Line is a prime example of the One Ford global product portfolio and joins Ford New Zealand’s expanding SUV range alongside the Ford Everest large 4WD SUV, the Escape medium-sized SUV and the EcoSport small SUV. The Endura ST-Line will also be the second ST-Line vehicle to arrive in New Zealand, joining the Mondeo ST-Line introduced in 2017.
In addition to an exhilarating drive experience thanks to its performance-oriented powertrain, the Endura ST-Line will feature a number of premium features including Active Noise Control, Active Park Assist and advanced safety features.
The Endura ST-Line includes as standard Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection; a camera- and radar-based system that can detect vehicles and people in the road ahead. The system can automatically apply the brakes if a potential collision is detected and the driver does not respond to warnings.
The Endura ST-Line will also feature Ford’s Intelligent All-Wheel Drive (AWD) technology as standard, delivering a seamless transition between front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive performance to provide a more secure footing on the road especially in slippery conditions.
Measuring how the car’s wheels are gripping the road surface every 16 milliseconds – 20 times quicker than it takes to blink – the system can send up to 100 per cent of engine torque to the front or rear wheels. By only delivering torque where and when it is needed, Intelligent AWD has minimal impact on fuel-efficiency and CO2 emissions compared with permanent four-wheel drive systems.
The Ford Endura ST-Line has a number of noise control devices and designs working together to provide a real sense of tranquility when driving. Ford’s Active Noise Control silences unwanted cabin noise. Microphones detect and measure specific sound waves. Whilst a control unit can separate sounds people want to hear, like conversation and the audio, from those they do not. The system then creates inaudible ‘white noise’ to cancel out any unwelcome noises. Acoustic windscreen glass and laminated glass for both front door windows further reduce wind noise while underbody panels and wheel-arch liners further minimise road noise.
State of the Art Diesel Powertrain
The Endura ST Line features an advanced 2.0 TDCi engine upgraded with a 154kW bi-turbo to maximise performance, torque and economy, whilst lowering emissions. The Bi-Turbo engine features two turbochargers and offers enhanced performance and efficiency.
The primary turbo works at lower speeds, giving an extra boost when needed - such as when turning from a junction into moving traffic. Meanwhile, the secondary turbo works at higher speeds, like when overtaking a slow-moving vehicle.
The two rear outer seats are fitted with rear inflatable seat belts. In the event of an impact, the belts inflate and spread the crash forces over a five times larger area of the body than conventional seat belts. By reducing pressure on the chest and better controlling head and neck movement, this innovative technology can help reduce the likelihood of injury.
Ford Endura ST-Line Full Specifications
- 2.0-litre Duratorq TDCi, twin turbo diesel
- Euro Stage VI emissions
- Power: 154kW / Torque: 450Nm
- Fuel Consumption: 5.9L/100km*, CO2:152g/kg*
- Max towable mass: 2,000kg braked
- 6 speed automatic Transmission
- 20” Platinum Grey alloy wheels, 255/45 Tyres
- Front, rear and side sports body styling with dark exterior detailing
- Front upper grill with unique bars and surround
- Sports suspension
- Black roof rails
- Front fog lights
- LED rear lights
- Automatic headlights with auto low/high beam & rain sensing front windscreen wipers
- Body colour rear spoiler
- Rear view camera with front and rear parking sensors
- Privacy glass
- Quickclear heated windscreen
- Power fold mirrors
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Handsfree power tailgate
Safety and Driver Assist Technology
- Ford Intelligent Protection System (IPS)
- ABS with electronic brake-force distribution
- Curve Control
- Roll Stability Control
- Active City Stop
- Lane keeping aid
- BLIS with Cross Traffic Alert (CTA)
- Speed sign recognition
- Rear view camera
- Adaptive cruise control
- Active park assist (perpendicular and parallel) with pull out assist
- Airbags – front side impact, driver’s knee bolster, front and rear curtain, inflatable rear seat belts
- Front passenger airbag deactivation switch
- SYNC 3 with 8” colour touchscreen and navigation system
- Integrated Active Noise Control
- Ford Key Free System with Ford Power Starter Button
- Front heated and cooled seats with rear heated seats
- Dual zone electronic automatic temperature control
- Ambient lighting
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Premium front and rear floor mats
- Premium instrument cluster
- 220 V power outlet in centre console
- Pedal set with aluminium covers
- Partial leather trim
- 10-way power front driver’s seat with memory and 10-way power passenger’s seat
# # #
*The declared Fuel/Energy Consumptions, CO2 emissions are measured according to the technical requirements and specifications of the European Regulations (EC) 715/2007 and (EC) 692/2008 as last amended. Fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are specified for a vehicle variant and not for a single car. The applied standard test procedure enables comparison between different vehicle types and different manufacturers. In addition to the fuel efficiency of a car, driving behaviour as well as other non-technical factors play a role in determining a car's fuel/energy consumption, CO2 emissions and electric range. CO2 is the main greenhouse gas responsible for global warming.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company is a global company based in Dearborn, Michigan. The company designs, manufactures, markets and services a full line of Ford cars, trucks, SUVs, electrified vehicles and Lincoln luxury vehicles, provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company and is pursuing leadership positions in electrification, autonomous vehicles and mobility solutions. Ford employs approximately 202,000 people worldwide. For more information regarding Ford, its products and Ford Motor Credit Company, please visit www.ford.co.nz.